Tuesday, October 21, 2008

sunday on the water

Kyle and I got to spend Sunday on Clear Lake with some of our friends. You couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day! The water was a bit brisk when you first got in but if warmed up pretty quickly that is until you got back in the boat.

As always, Kyle rocked out on the wake board and wake skate. He gets so much air, it is like he's flying...and it always looks so effortless.
As for me, I'm a hit the first wake kneebender, you see the whole "flying through the air" thing still makes me kinda nervous. But I took Kyle's advice and straightened my legs and flew! It was awesome I was clearing both wakes...well almost. The front of my board caught the wake and flipped me hard down into the water. My feet came out of my bindings and it felt as if someone had hit me in the face with a piece of plywood. OUCH! I immediately checked to see if my nose and mouth were bleeding...nope. Only wounds was a red face and little bit of a swollen eye/cheek with a slight bit of bruising. I've fallen plenty of times but this was the hardest fall yet. I was a bit stumbly as I got onto the boat. Monday...I was feeling it. I felt as if I had been in a car accident. Everything hurt. Thankfully I'm feeling way better today. Can't wait to get back on the water.

It is a very cool thing that Kyle and I still get to go play on the water. We are very greatful for our friends and family that allow us to do so. It is our goal to have a lake house one of these days so our future kids can enjoy the lake growing up just like Kyle.

Kyle going big on the wakeskate...he just needs to learn how to land.


Kyle getting big air on the wakeboard.

Kyle trying to barefoot with the help of the wakeskate...which ends up taking him out.

0 comments: