Tuesday, May 12, 2009

26 weeks and in double digits!

Major excitement: Your baby opens her eyes! On the flip side, you might wish yours would stay closed so you could get some sleep.

If a full night's rest has become elusive, welcome to the (sleepless) world of pregnancy insomnia. Between heartburn and leg cramps, bathroom runs and that big beach ball beneath your nightie, it's no wonder your body's having trouble calming down and drifting off. But there are lots of tactics to try that should help keep you in bed (and asleep!) instead of pacing the floor; these include daytime exercise, a daily dose of fresh air, and limiting fluids before you hit the hay. What's up with your baby? She now weighs a full two pounds and measures nine-plus inches. And this week, her eyes, which until now were developing under fused eyelids, start to open. Of course, there's not much to see in there, but if your baby spots a bright light (or hears a loud noise) near your belly, you may notice an increase in fetal activity. (Hey, I'm in here, Mommy!) ~whattoexpect.com

How far along? 26 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: gained about 1 more # than last week
Maternity clothes? yup
Stretch marks? nope
Sleep: Minus the million bathroom trips, I'm sleeping pretty good.
Best moment this week: Getting lots done with Baby P's room
Movement: Baby P is an active baby just like his/her daddy.
Food cravings: Hum....nothing really in particular this week.
Gender: still thinking boy this week.
Labor Signs: nope
Belly Button in or out? in but i can actually make it look like an outtie now...weird
What I miss: Not needing my Monday to recover from my weekend...
What I am looking forward to: the baby shower
Weekly Wisdom: Ignore all the people that say "carrying twins?" because they are just stupid.
Milestones: Double digits until Baby P arrives also the last week of my 2nd trimester.

Let's see, this week was pretty good. Kyle took the first of his ASE tests last week, he actually has 2 more tonight. He told me that his teacher for the class he's taking now said that one of the tests that Kyle took is the hardest ASE test period. Kyle doesn't feel so confident about that test but at least he knows it is as tough as they get. I'm so proud of him...he got Student of the Class in both of his hot rod classes. WOOHOO Kyle!

I was bitten by the shopping bug a bit and took a few trips to Hobby Lobby within this past week picking up some great stuff for our house and the baby's room. Everything is really coming together nicely. Kyle and I worked all day Saturday on the the nursery. We put up the wall paper border, Kyle hung the mini blinds, I hung the paper lanterns and a few other things. I hope Baby P loves his/her room. We still need curtains and the bedding but mom and I will work on that very soon. Here's a few pictures.
I found this great toy organizer that will be used for the cloth diapers. I still need to wash all of them but couldn't help but to get excited and set it up a bit. Dakota is doing a great job guarding the diaper stash! I'm a big fan of crocheting these days and although I haven't mastered the skill yet buy any means it is a lot of fun. Here's a tiny blanket/wrap thing that I made for Baby P. I want to use it for his/her newborn pictures. It's funky but so fun and soft.

Saturday afternoon, my folks and Logan stopped by to help us move some furniture as well as drop off dad's old riding lawnmower and pick up their push mower...I don't' even have to tell you how excited Kyle is to have a riding lawn mower. Even if our lawn is not so big, he's so happy. I just think how great it will be to take Baby P on tractor rides.
Sunday, Kyle suprised me with a very sweet Mother's Day card, even though I told him to not get me anything. He insisted and said "you are carrying my child." It made me smile. We headed to my folk's church (which Kyle and I have decided will be our church too - even though it is 30 miles away we really like it) and then went to eat at Papasitos...YUM! We enjoyed a bit more family time and then headed back to our home. I was super pooped so I took a nap as Kyle worked on cleaning up the downstairs for his mom and dad's visit this week. We are really looking forward to their visit.

As for me and baby land, I'm doing great. I do notice how much the belly is going to get in the way but it makes me smile to know the little one is all snuggled up in there. As much as I want our little one in my arms, it is such an amazing feeling to have him/her with me 24/7.

0 comments: