Monday, June 08, 2009

Baby P's ETA...10 weeks!

Your baby's height and weight haven't changed much in the past week, but the big news is your baby's brain gain. Until now, the surface of your baby's brain was smooth. Now, your fetus's brain is taking on those characteristic grooves and indentations. The reason for this change in appearance? Those wrinkles allow for an increased amount of brain tissue — a necessary change as your developing baby prepares for life outside your womb, and the street smarts he or she will need ~ whattoexpect.com How far along? 30 weeks (I'll be full term in less than 50 days...wowzas! - for those that don't know that means 37 weeks)
Total weight gain/loss: Definitely not getting on the scale.
Maternity clothes? The stuff I bought very loose is now fitting tightly (not bad tight but belly grew tight). I just hope I can wear it all for the next 10 weeks.
Stretch marks? nope.
Sleep: Some nights I sleep like a champ (bathroom breaks not included) and others not so much. I'll have either random thoughts bumping all around in my head keeping me up or restless leg syndrome that won't let me sleep.
Best moment this week:
Family time & getting my new swim suit in the mail.
Movement: Baby P loves to move around at all times of the day.
Food cravings: Spicy stuff and peanut butter (not at the same time).
Gender: 55% boy & 45% girl
Labor Signs: nope
Belly Button in or out? still in
What I miss: Wearing my old clothes...t-shirts mostly.
What I am looking forward to: Not having to give myself a kick start out of bed & being able to lay on my belly again. (Of course, holding Baby P!)
Weekly Wisdom: Under wire bras aren't always your friend.
Milestones: For me not really anything, but I think the whole developing brain for Baby P is rather important.

Nothing too exciting to report on from last week. Kyle was super busy at work getting some systems out for the company. I also helped out on Saturday and Sunday...it was a lot of fun working with my dad, mom and Kyle at the family's company. Kyle is of course loving his street performance class. Today, he told me he's in lab all day today running cars on the dyno...tough life :o) I'm just so happy he enjoys it.
Cash went in for a "procedure" and hopefully shouldn't feel the urge to run up to all the little girls or pee every minute while on our walks. He was pretty out of it when I picked him up from the vet (as you can see from the picture above). Back ground: Cash is a sitter, while most dogs tend to lay down while hanging out with the humans, Cash sits. As you can see after the anesthesia and pain meds, he was having a troubling time at sitting. I would try to move his front paws out so he could lay but he would sit right back up and then nearly fall over because he was so out of it. I had to go lay down in bed with the lights off and TV low for him to finally lay down. That night I went to bed at 8:30 so my little man could sleep. I'm guessing that's just a slice of what mommyhood will be like...making sacrifices so that the little ones in my life will be comfortable and happy. I'm very happy to report that he was back to his normal high speed self the next morning, of course we tried to keep him from playing too hard. Let me just say I LOVE my vet! After the procedure was complete, they called me to let me know how he did and that he was awake and the next day, they called to check on him...awesome! The other fur kids are doing great, as you can see Calypso loves the love. It really doesn't seem like any of them know that there will be another human (much smaller than they've ever seen) in the household in just a few months. Like I said before, I'm sure they will all welcome him/her....well at least the dogs will. I can just see Dakota and Cash being very protective of Baby P. The cats, I'm sure won't be that interested in the baby...more so the new baby items that will take over the house.Kyle and I are looking forward to having dinner with one of his friends & family from Florida this Saturday. Let's see if you can follow this: Kyle's long time good friend David has a brother named Chuck. Chuck married a girl from Texas, who happens to be my big brother's friend from high school...Bridger has even stayed at her folk's place in Italy (I think) on a vacation he took awhile back. So on Saturday, I'm meeting one of Bridger's friends through one of Kyle's friends...it is a small world after all.

Lastly, for all those counting...25 more days until family comes to visit, 48 more actual work days & 71 more days until my estimated due date. WOOHOO!

0 comments: